Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

So... I guess I should start with introducing myself here...

I'm Stephanie, and I'll be a first year teacher in the 2013-2014 school year. I'll be teaching 4th grade at a charter school in Las Vegas. I'm super excited because thanks to the stellar economy, it's taken me three years to find a full time teaching job. I got my M.A. in elementary education in 2009 from Adelphi University, in New York, which is where I lived before I moved to Las Vegas. I've had experience working at a school in New York City with 2nd and 3rd graders and did student teaching in 2nd and 4th grade. The past 6 months have been spent working as a substitute teacher at two private schools.

As for how I got to starting this blog.. I thank blame Pinterest for that. In my many, many searches through Pinterest for fun ideas for my classroom for this upcoming year, I saw so many awesome teachers with blogs, and thought having one of my own would be an awesome way to get involved in all the idea sharing going on. I'm hoping to post some links to some of my favorite teaching blogs & websites as I get things set up here, as well as post about my adventures as I get ready for and begin my first year of teaching. So here we are.. I hope you all enjoy this blog as much as I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips